Speak to an IT Consultant Now:
1 866 417 3945
Network Engineer L2 WLAN
Sugarland, TX -- ONSITE Headquarters
This is NOT a REMOTE Position and requires 50% travel (all travel paid).
Salary/Rate: Flexible depending on experience level
Employment type: W9/1099 Contract OR W2 option
Onsite IT Services
- 3 to 8+ years of Network Engineering experience in large user environments
- Capable of working remotely while traveling
- WLAN (and much of the LAN/WAN) environment is Cisco/Meraki
- Experience with low-voltage cabling (Cat5/6) and knowledge of Fiber
- 3 - 5 years minimum experience LAN/WLAN setup/installation and maintenance hands-on
- Monitor and upgrade wireless infrastructures - (WAP’s)
- Good knowledge of Wi-Fi Heatmap Surveys (Netspot, Ekahau, SolarWinds, etc.) for routers/WAP’s/WiFi for speed redundancy, coverage, signal strengths, etc. (this can be trained)
- Device (WAP) programming/provisioning/offsite management (knowledge of Cisco/Meraki/Ubiquity/etc.) - must have.
- Point-to-Point (P2P) range expander knowledge (this is easy and can be trained)
- CCNA/CCNP etc. preferred OR equivalent real-world experience
- IP Camera installation (experience with WatchDog is a plus) and maintenance a plus (this can be trained)
- Candidate with a lot of ground-up installations of cables, networks, MDF/IDF, etc.
- Responsible for WAP positioning and wireless installations, including provisioning, physical placement, and testing of new WAPs.'
- Warehouse and large (500K to 1MM+ sq ft) installation experience a plus
- Strong Cisco infrastructure (Switching & Routing - managed and unmanaged) is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve conference call connection issues (video), video and audio quality problems, and endpoint issues.
- Firewall and load balancing experience a plus
- Hardware security experience a plus
Specific Devices/Services Being Used:
- Meraki & Ubiquity WAPs
- Managed and Unmanaged Cisco and other Switches
- Namo Beam P2P
- Watchdog Cameras MSP
- Various ISP's
We can train on specific devices for the right candidate.
A+ Mobile Techs
Onsite IT Support Sugar Land, TX