Speak to an IT Consultant Now:
1 866 417 3945
Location: Vandalia, OH
Contract (W9) Position
Duration: Short Term
Onsite IT Services
700 PC's Upgrade Project - IT Project Manager/Team Lead
The objective of this job post is to identify the Team Lead/IT PM for one or possibly all three locations in the USA, and with the right language capabilities, possibly in LatAm as well.
- Compensation for travel expenses and bonus pay for on-time or ahead of schedule delivery, will be paid for by us separately from the weekly salary.
- We are looking to identify 1 to 2 Project Leads/IT Project Managers for this project which we estimate will take 8 to 12 weeks from start to finish.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing the organization, planning, implementation, staffing management, and reporting aspects of large IT boots on the ground type infrastructure/installation projects across multi-locations/countries.
- This role will require travel as you will not only be managing the teams of technicians at each site, but you will also assist with the upgrades.
Project Summary: Security Review on Endpoints Project Scope/700 PC's Upgrade Project - IT Project Manager/Team Lead
PC Upgrade and Security We will conduct boots-on-ground hands-on upgrades and verifications to all endpoints (PC's):
- Endpoints will be upgraded to the latest Windows 10 (21H2) version to support Sophos AV to run on supported operating systems.
- PC's will need to complete all Windows updates after the upgrade.
While working on each PC, the support person will
- Verify all third-party software is updated
- Remove software no longer utilized
- Check bit locker encryption -- Record/document Bitlocker keys and
- Confirm Asset Tags
The standard package will also be verified of apps and software.
Project Objectives: We aim to improve overall cybersecurity by hardening our endpoints, updating software, and mitigating vulnerabilities.
Scope of Work: The Scope is to update Windows 10 versions to the latest semiannual release 21h2. At the same time, update the PC, review applications to update and match against the list below. Removal of applications will be necessary for accordance with the lists.
- Verify and update applications
- Windows 10 21h2 (OS Build 19044.1415)
- Application List (to be shared later)
- Cisco Jabber
- Pexip Video Conference
- Symantec Antivirus
NOTE: Different versions of JAVA should not be uninstalled as many applications need different versions. Please avoid any changes to JAVA.
- Confirm Bit locker is enabled, if not enable bit locker and save the recovery key for a turn-in to Project Lead.
- Review Local Admin accounts. Only the Local administrator "administrator" should be present. All other local admins such as "isdept, itdept," should be removed. Domain users that have been added to the local admin group should be recorded.
- Bios Administrator password should be set and recorded.
- PC Should have an Asset Tag
Location of Work & Number of Endpoints (PC's)
Springfield TN -- 125 PCs
Vandalia Ohio -- 200 PCs
Plymouth Michigan -- 100 PCs
Zacatecas Mexico -- 200 PCs
Aruja Brazil -- 75 PCs
If you are passionate about IT, good to go for travel, have a can-do attitude and positive disposition, please submit your application for immediate consideration.
A+ Mobile Techs
Onsite IT Services Vandalia, OH